Planning Communion Party Entertainment
First Holy Communion, a ceremonial admission of young Catholics to the community of the church, is becoming a main event for this rite of passage for 7- and 8-year-olds. The First Communion season is short, so planning is essential.
Here are a few tips to help you plan for your Communion and for your Communion Party Entertainment
- First, decide on a budget and the size of your guest list. Confirm the date with the important people in your child’s life, grandparents, favorite aunts and uncles, cousins, etc., before you set the date with the church.
- Decide if you will have a reception following the communion ceremony. If you want a reception at a banquet hall or restaurant, reserve it for your date and time as soon as you have confirmed the same with the church. If you are having a communion reception at your home, decide if it will be indoors or out (make allowances for bad weather.)
- If you will have the food catered at your home, reserve the date with the caterer and a time to look over their selections and to place your order.
- Will you need to rent tables, linens, chairs?
- If you would like the services of musicians, and entertainers, book them as soon as possible. Photo Booths make a great addition to any party! Guests of all ages will create memories and pictures to last a lifetime! Call First Rate today to learn about some of our great Communion specials!
- Once your date, time and reception location have been confirmed, decide on the theme and overall feel to order invitations and plan for decorations. If you are going with a photo, Pictures to last a lifetime, etc theme First Rate offers a variety of picture frames and other great favor items!
- For more formal affairs invitations should be sent 6-8 weeks ahead and for more casual affairs you should leave 3-4 weeks.
- At least a day before the communion, make sure you have charged your video camera battery and have checked your still camera batteries or digital camera memory available. Make sure you have plenty of video tape and film.
Most of all, enjoy this special day with your child, friends and family!